As a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES), I offer online and in-person classes in effective self-management of your diabetes.
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- B.S. Nursing 1985
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- B.A. Biology 1984
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Certified Diabetes Educator June 2011 – Present
- National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators, Certificate No. 21110465
- Registered Nurse (Guam)- RE0128
- Certified Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP) Senior Trainer August 2018 – Present (University of Illinois, Chicago, College of Social Work- Midwest Latino Health Research, Training and Policy Center)
- Mountain-Pacific Quality Health
Diabetes Educator October 2013 – Present
Conduct classes in diabetes self-management education at various settings on island. Provide education, screening, and outreach services at health fairs and other venues.
Refer participants to appropriate health care providers and/or services when needed and provide appropriate follow-up as necessary.
- Health Services of the Pacific
Clinical Educator May 2006 – 2012
Conducted home visits to provide diabetes self-management education to patients and family members, as well as to address diabetes-related complications. Provided support and training to clinical staff in areas of diabetes management and education. Provided support at health fairs and immunization programs.
- Isla Pediatrics
Staff RN 2005
Responsible for screening and intake of patients. Administered medications/injections as ordered. Provided health education as needed.
- Sagua Managu Birthing Center
Educator 2001 – 2004
Conducted sibling and orientation classes for expectant parents as well as breastfeeding classes for new mothers. Organized and coordinated breastfeeding support group.
- Pacificare Asia Pacific
Educator 1998 – 1999
Provided health education in the areas of diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia management.
- Dept. of Public Health and Social Services, Chronic Disease Program
Independent Contractor 1994
Provided health education for work site wellness and screening programs. Performed blood cholesterol, glucose, and glycosolated hemoglobin tests.
- American Diabetes Association
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Guam Diabetes Control Coalition